Exceptional child: teaching and upbringing
Frequency: four times a year (March, June, September, December).
Founded in 1995.
Between 1996 and 2012 it was published under the title ‘Defektolohiia’; in 2013 as ‘Defektolohiia. Osoblyva dytyna: navchannia i vykhovannia’; and since 2014 as ‘Exceptional Child: teaching and upbringing’
The double-blind review policy of the journal envisages an evaluation of the manuscript by an independent qualified expert in the relevant field according to the principle of anonymity (both of the author and the reviewer).
To be reviewed, research papers should be presented and formatted according to the Author Guidelines.
- The manuscript is assigned a registration code and the details about the author(s) are taken out.
- The registration code of the manuscript is sent to the author.
- The coded manuscript and the Review Form are sent to an expert (Editorial Board member who is responsible for the subject area or an external reviewer). External reviewers are Ukrainian and international professionals who published own research in the area that the subject of the manuscript falls under. Typically, an external reviewer is selected taking into account his/her current workload and based on his/her consent.
- The reviewer who received the coded manuscript fills out the Review Form and selects one of the recommendation options:
- Recommended for publication.
- Recommended for publication upon revision.
- Not recommended for publication.
In case the manuscript is recommended for publication upon revision or not recommended for publication, the reviewer’s written well-grounded explanation is sent to the author.
Manuscripts that were recommended for publication upon revision are to be reviewed again. In case of a repeated negative review the manuscript is rejected without further consideration.
The editorial office does not engage in discussion with the authors whose manuscripts were rejected.
The review process takes from 1 to 2 months on average from the day of receiving a manuscript prepared in accordance with the Author Guidelines.
Papers by authors (co-authors) who are members of the Editorial Board of the journal and contributions, the main purpose of which is to disseminate information and which were commissioned by the editorial office are not subject to review.
ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING SERVICES
EBSCO Education Source
Index Copernicus (ICV 2013:2.52)
MIAR (ICDS 2015: 4.279)
Ukrainika scientific (Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine)